She is definitely one of the most experienced women participating at the 2017 ITSF World Cup – Samantha Di Paolo from Switzerland. The 40-year-old table soccer veteran started playing decades ago when she was a child. Between 1990 and 2005 Di Paolo had been one of the most successful players on tour when she won renowned trophies like two World Championships and World Series Championships on Tecball, Garlando, Bonzini and Roberto Sport. For sure, this flexibility of playing different tables on a high level made and makes her the outstanding player she is.
Although she was playing on a very high level, the pin-shot-shooter stopped participating on the professional tour in 2010. But after more than 5 years of rest from table soccer she is back on track since last year and looking forward to play a successful World Cup. The ITSF World Cup Team wishes her all the best for the competitions and is happy having her in Hamburg this year!
5 questions to Samantha Di Paolo
- Question 1: What does participating in the next World Cup in Hamburg mean to you?
- Question 2: How difficult was it to qualify?
- Question 3: For which disciplines have you qualified? If doubles, with whom are you playing and why (what characterizes your game, why do you like your partner)?
- Question 4: Which opponents are you especially looking forward to playing against and for whom do you have the greatest respect?
- Question 5: What is your goal for the World Cup in Hamburg?